Frostfell is EQ's Christmas / Hanukkah / Kwanzaa / Winter Solstice event.
Naturally, Norrath doesn't have Christmas, etc., so they have Frostfell. (Although they could have just called it Winter Solstice, making up a special name is a common fantasy answer.)
A number of quests are available for a limited time to celebrate Frostfell. In 2011, Frostfell begins on December 8, 2011 and will end on January 8, 2012. There is a new event for 2011, and many past quests are back.
Frostfell heralds the return of Santug Claugg, an ogre in red who hands out toys to deserving boys and girls. He also, along with his helpers, offers quests for adventurers.
|“|| It’s that time of year again, when Santug Claugg gets ready to give presents to the deserving, and sometimes less than deserving, adventurers of Norrath. Starting December 8, 2011 and running through January 8, 2012, Frostfell will be upon us!
All your old favorite quests will be returning this year, whether it be aiding the Frostfell Goblins in saving Santug or commencing Operation: Jolliness to keep Santug in good spirits. There are also a number of New Year’s Adventurers available, so don’t forget Pizimp Nobbletod.
As an added bonus, starting on December 14, 2011, a brand new Frostfell quest will be released! Santug Claugg has become obsessed with the Braxi and wants them to pull his sleigh. Unfortunately there has been an incident with the ship transporting the Braxi to Santug and as a result, Braxi and Gigglegibber Goblins are scattered on beaches throughout Norrath. Make sure to seek them out!
The new quest for 2011 is Braxi Roundup. There are two versions, one for lower levels (level 50) and one for higher levels (level 95).
- Frostfell - Upgrading Stockings (#0)
- Frostfell - Searching for Clues (#1)
- Frostfell - Saving Santug (#2)
- Frostfell - Santug's List (#3)
- Frostfell - A Gift for Tinam (#4)
- Frostfell - Fishing for a Feast (#5)
- Frostfell - Baking for a Feast (#6)
- Frostfell - Fireworks (#7, low-level)
- Frostfell - Fireworks (#7, mid-level)
- Frostfell - Fireworks (#7, high-level)
- Frostfell 2007 #1: Search for Bram Bandyboot
- Frostfell 2007 #2: Rescue Hailie Biggeyes
- Frostfell 2007 #3: The Freedom of Kanf Shadowhands
- Frostfell 2007 #4: The Savior of Gemmi Goodkin
- Frostfell 2008 (#1, high level): Misplaced Wishes
- Frostfell 2008 (#2, high level): The Frostclaw Lair - Reward is Mask of the Grumpy Goblin (Effect: Illusion Frost Goblin)
- Frostfell 2010 Gathering Holiday Cheer - Reward is Frostfell Gift Box. It appears that it is a display item for your house.
- Frostfell 2010 Operation: Jolliness - To request this requires completing Gathering Holiday Cheer.
- Frostfell 2011 Braxi Roundup (level 50), Braxi Roundup (level 95)
M.C. Tinkerton is a Frostfell NPC in the Plane of Knowledge who offers some Frostfell missions. He is found next to The Great Divide portal stone.
He offers these quests:
- Frostbeard's Lesser Minions
- Frostbeard's Greater Minions
- Frostbeard's Elite Minions
- Old Frostbeard